“Kom Hit” Takes Audiences on Magical Dance Adventure Through the Historic Turnblad Mansion, June 24 — July 10.
MINNEAPOLIS — Rogue ballet dancer Sally Rousse and theater innovator Noah Bremer partner with ASI to explore the nooks and crannies of the 33-room Turnblad Mansion in Kom Hit! (Come Here!) — a world premiere dance-theater piece inspired by Sweden’s literary father, August Strindberg, and his obsession with gender imbalance, class inequality and a morose disquietude of the heart. The audience is completely immersed in this modern reimagining of Strindberg’s world as they follow characters from room to room throughout the Turnblad Mansion. Curiosity drives their experiences as the non-linear narrative unfolds into a unique theatrical adventure.
Rousse will also serve as ASI Artist-In-Residence throughout June 2014, offering Museum visitors a glimpse in to the life of a choreographer and dancer in the installation, Dance Maker.
Kom Hit! is performed in conjunction with ASI’s new summer exhibit: The Image of Strindberg, presented from Fotografiska, Sweden’s leading photography museum. The Image of Strindberg showcases the multiple sides and depictions of August Strindberg, the Swedish author and playwright.
An original dance theater production by Sally Rousse and Noah Bremer
At the American Swedish Institute
2600 Park Avenue, Minneapolis
June 24 & 26, July 1, 3, 8 & 10
Performances at 6 and 7:30 p.m. each night.
Tickets: $20. Available at ASImn.org or call 612-871-4907.
Tickets Available Online: https://38380.blackbaudhosting.com/38380/Kom-Hit-Performance
FULL KOM HIT! PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE
Tuesday, June 24 — 6 p.m.
Tuesday, June 24 — 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, June 26 — 6 p.m.
Thursday, June 26 — 7:30 p.m. (SOLD OUT)
Tuesday, July 1 — 6 p.m. (SOLD OUT)
Tuesday, July 1 — 7:30 p.m. (SOLD OUT)
Thursday, July 3 — 6 p.m. (SOLD OUT)
Thursday, July 3 — 7:30 p.m. (SOLD OUT)
Tuesday, July 8— 6 p.m. (SOLD OUT)
Tuesday, July 8 — 7:30 p.m. (SOLD OUT)
Thursday, July 10 — 6 p.m. (SOLD OUT)
Thursday, July 10 — 7:30 p.m. (SOLD OUT)
- This show is best enjoyed by audiences 13 and older.
- The performances begin promptly at 6pm and 7:30pm, depending on which time you have reserved and purchased tickets. There is no late admittance, nor are refunds or exchanges given for late arrivals or missed performances.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be served starting 30 minutes prior to each performance start time, but you may not bring them into the performance with you.
- The performance lasts approximately 1 hour without intermission.
- Wear comfortable shoes! This performance takes place throughout the three floors of the Turnblad Mansion, and you will be walking, standing, and climbing stairs during the show. Please let us know in advance if any special accommodations will be needed.
- Audience members may be asked to wear masks or fake eyeglasses. If contacts are on option, they are preferable.
- Coats and bags will not be allowed inside the performance space. A limited number of lockers are available. Please plan accordingly.
- No outside food or beverages are allowed inside the venue.
- Recording of any kind (photography, video, etc.) is prohibited inside of the performance space. Audience members violating this rule will be removed without refund.Please kindly turn off cell phones and refrain from talking during the show.
- There is parking available in our surface lot. If the lot is full, there is usually ample street parking.