The ASI Lucia Choir is a seasonal youth choir formed to rehearse and celebrate Sankta Lucia day for ASI members and the greater Twin Cities community. Knowledge of the Swedish language is not necessary. Basic language and music instruction is incorporated and supported through rehearsals.
Anticipated 2017 Choir Requirements (subject to change)
- Current ASI household membership
- $25 registration fee per child
- Two parent/guardian volunteer shifts per family
- NEW! Signed attendance agreement
- Students currently enrolled in kindergarten – high school
- Choir maximum: 75 students
Registration will open in fall 2107
- Registration for participants from 2017 Lucia Choir generally begins toward the end of September with an early October deadline.
- New family registration begins in October
- Open until choir maximum is achieved.
- Call 612-871-4907 to register your student(s).
|Lucia Celebration Concerts (in December at 11 a.m & 1:00 p.m.)||2 complimentary tickets total per family||Each additional ticket: $15||General Admission|
|Lucia in the Mansion (December TBD)||Purchase only||$15||ASI members only|
Please note: Demand is always very high for tickets to the December Lucia in the Mansion performance.
Tickets may be purchased by calling (612) 871-4907 or in person at the ASI Information Desk starting in November. Tickets are limited for each performance and do sell out quickly.
For more information, please contact Britta Walstrom, Youth and Family Programs Coordinator, at 612-870-3353 or brittaw@ASImn.org.
Applicants for Lucia, Attendant and Head Starboy
Every year, the American Swedish Institute chooses three individuals to be Lucia and Attendant(s) and/or Head Star Boy(s).
- Between 16-22 years of age
- Demonstrates interest in Sweden, Swedish-American culture and an understanding of the "spirit" of Lucia.
- Demonstrates a strong involvement in the American Swedish Institute.
Lucia, Attendant and Head Starboy are encouraged to be members of the ASI Lucia Choir and must be available for the ASI Lucia Choir performances. Preference is given to applicants with ASI membership and who can show current or past participation in ASI or other Swedish or Swedish-American programs.
- Submit a typed one page essay about your education and academic honors; community service, activities and accomplishments; interest in Sweden and Swedish heritage; and your involvement in ASI.
- DEADLINE: TBD 2017
- Email your essay to brittaw@ASImn.org
- Please include your name, address, phone, parent contact information.
Questions? Contact Britta Walstrom at 612-870-3353 or brittaw@ASImn.org