ASI Midsommar Celebration
ASI’s day-long outdoor festival is inspired by Midsommar celebrations held across Sweden and Europe marking the arrival and joy of summer.
This not to be missed day of family activities will feature singing, dancing, flower head-wreath making….and even a mini-golf course! In conjunction with the festival, ASI opens a summer exhibition of new glass art from Sweden, Pull, Twist, Blow-Transforming the Kingdom of Crystal, and expert glass blowers will be on-site giving demonstrations of their craft.
- Raising of the Midsommar pole (11 a.m.), singing and dancing (11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m.)
- Performances by many local groups throughout the day including the ASI Spelmanslag and ASI Cloudberries!
- Conversations with Ingalena Klenell, the master glass blower from Sweden whose enchanting glass forest entitled "Homeland" will be unveiled at ASI as part of the new exhibit Pull,Twist, Blow-Transforming the Kingdom of Crystal
- Handcraft Alley with demonstrations by Minnesota artists
- Fun festival food for purchase including a special Midsommar plate of pickled herring and boiled new potatoes with dill, and hot dogs for adults and kids alike with special Swedish-inspired toppings.
- Fresh Squeezed Lemonade Stand
- Ice Cream handcrafted and dished up by Pumphouse Creamery
- The Midsommar Flea Market, hosted by the ASI Museum Shop, will offer unique gifts with a Nordic twist designed to delight those of all ages.
Midsommar Celebration is included with museum admission ($7 adults, $6 ages 62+, $4 ages 6-18 and students with ID; free for ASI members) and can be purchased the day of the event.
For a schedule of performances and presentations, click here.