Cocktails at the Castle: Loki's Halloween Bash
"a museum party done right"- Vita.mn 2013
ASI’s popular Cocktails at the Castle series makes an otherworldly return on Halloween as ASI transforms into the Nine Worlds of Norse Mythology.
Journey from Niflheim (ruled by Hel, goddess of the underworld) to Gimle (the high heavens) as you encounter the giants, gods and goddesses of the worlds. Look into the future with the goddesses of Vanaheim, travel the Rainbow Bridge to Asgard to join the party and share ale with the Æsir (expect to see Thor, Odin and fallen Vikings) in Valhalla.
- Live music by local bands Crimes and Strange Names
- DJ set by Into the Void Records
- Make DIY masks
- Fall food and specialty cocktails by FIKA
- Snap Yourself! Photo Booth
- Silent dance party with music by Negative Beach
- Swedish horror shorts presented by the Film Society of Minneapolis St. Paul
- Insights from investigations of the Turnblad Mansion by the Twin Cities Paranormal Society
- Divination Room, ghosts stories and more with artists Nathan Lewis and Lacey Prpic Hedtke
- Write your own obituary
- Viking encampment
- Costumes encouraged!
Tickets for this 21+ event are $15. Tickets must be purchased in advance at: https://cocktailsatthecastle3.eventbrite.com/
ASI members receive free fortune telling when they check in at the Information Table. Bike to the event and check-in your helmet to receive $1 off drinks all night!
Event partners include the Twin Cities Paranormal Society, the Film Society of Minneapolis-St. Paul, Snap Yourself!, and Into the Void Records.