To book a tour or for more information, please contact Robert Nicholl, Visitor Services and Volunteer Coordinator at robertn@ASImn.org or 612-870-3344.
- Private tours and programs are available for groups of 10 or more.
- Tours and onsite programs are available Tuesday through Sunday.
- Offsite programs are available seven days a week.
Making a Reservation
- Please make your tour request at least two prior to your visit. If your planning timeline is shorter, please contact Robert Nicholl at email@example.com about availability.
- Please be ready with preferred dates and times, approximate number in your group, as well as your contact information.
- Group organizer should be prepared to collect payment from individual group members prior to visit.
- Private tours are by reservation only. ASI is unable to accommodate groups that arrive without a confirmed tour reservation.
- Tours reserved outside of normal museum hours will be charged an extra $1 per person.
- To make a reservation, please contact Visitor Services and Volunteer Coordinator, Robert Nicholl at 612-870-3344 or robertn@ASImn.org.
$100 deposit is required one week in advance of tour date.
- Group organizer will receive a tour confirmation the month before the tour. The confirmation will include:
- Tour date, time, price, and approximate number in your group, payment information, parking instructions, how to enter and check-in at the ASI campus
- Private tours must be confirmed with a deposit payment no later than one week in advance of the visit. If deposit is not received at that time, the reservation will be null and void.
- Please print out and bring confirmation with you on the day of the tour.
Amenities and Resources
- The ASI campus is fully handicapped accessible.
- ASI offers free parking for visitors in our surface lot located on the southern half of the 2600 block of Park Avenue.
- Lunch packages are available. See below.
Tour Program Offerings
- ASI 30-minute Tour: Take a half-hour tour of the contemporary and critically acclaimed Nelson Cultural Center or the Turnblad Mansion.
- ASI 60-minute Tour: Take a one-hour tour of the historic Turnblad Mansion.
- ASI 90-minute Tour: Explore all of ASI's campus with a one-hour tour of the Turnblad Mansion and a half-hour tour of the Nelson Cultural Center.
- Art, Craft and Design - Where Modern and Tradition Meet (Contact Robert Nicholl for pricing information: 612-870-3344 or robertn@ASImn.org)
- Exhibit-specific tours may be available upon request and are priced differently than regular tours. Holiday exhibit tours (November & December) are $13 per person.
Complete Your Group Tour with Award-Winning New Nordic Cuisine
Call it culinary diplomacy. Call it delicious. There's no better way to compliment your group's experience at ASI than by sharing a strong cup of coffee with homemade pastry or a full service lunch. ASI offers tour groups three customized menus that are dedicated to regional ingredients and Nordic traditions inspired by ASI’s award-winning cafe, FIKA.
GROUP TOUR MEAL PACKAGES
Fika is a social institution in Sweden; it means having a break - most often a coffee break. At ASI you will enjoy one of our house made pastries and a delicious cup of our Tiny Footprint coffee. The suggested time to take a fika is 30 minutes. Cost: additional $9 per person with a 10-person minimum. Sales tax and tip included.
Ever wonder what your doppelgänger in Sweden would eat for lunch? Well this is your chance to find out with this contemporary everyday Swedish lunch. This option incudes a beef smörgås (open-face sandwich), a homemade soup or salad depending on the season, and drink of choice. Suggested time for this meal is 1 hour. Cost: additional $18 per person with a 10-person minimum.Sales tax and tip included.
With the Smörgåsbord your group will enjoy a meal that features several traditional Swedish dishes including Swedish meatballs, gravlax (cured salmon), potatoes, rye bread with butter, beet salad, cucumber salad, dessert and a drink of choice. Suggested time for this meal is 1 hour. Cost: additional $23 per person with a 15-person minimum. Sales tax and tip included.