The Facilities Technician is responsible for performing general building maintenance duties ensuring that facilities are always clean and safe for the visiting public. This position requires that the employee is on time and dependable to work all assigned shifts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Uphold ASI’s standard of cleanliness by cleaning the Nelson Cultural Center, the Mansion and Carriage House.
- Responsible for closing and arming the building each night after work shift.
- Prepare set-up for ASI events, meetings and programs as outlined by set-up requirements.
- Perform general maintenance of ASI facilities and on occasion will be responsible for lawn and grounds maintenance, trash removal, glass cleaning, and equipment and building repairs.
- Assist in covering special events and other Facility Tech’s time off by working on-call hours as requested by the Facilities Manager performing different tasks.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
- 2+ years work experience
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Ability to walk and stand for the entire shift
- Ability to use considerable judgment when performing and planning to perform his/her tasks.
- Working knowledge of recycling and waste reduction practices and cleaning methods
- Must be punctual, reliable and have a strong work ethic.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand/walk 70% of the time; bending and stooping 10% of the time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.
The American Swedish Institute is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All our employment practices, benefits and programs will be administered without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, status with respect to receipt of public assistance or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.