Kids at the Castle
Mark your calendars for the third Friday (and selected Saturdays) of every month for this action-packed kids and family creative playtime. Join us for circle time, storytelling, crafts, visual play, music and movement in the Turnblad Mansion. Suggested for ages 2-5. Adults must accompany children.
$8 per family. Registration not required, just purchase admission at ASI's front desk on the day of the program. Admission valid all day.
Upcoming dates (all start at 9 a.m.)
- Friday, 7/19: Cabin Creatures
- Saturday, 7/20: Cabin Creatures
- Friday, 8/16: I Love Bugs!
- Saturday, 8/17: I Love Bugs!
- Friday, 9/20: Sigrid and the Dragon
- Saturday, 9/21: Sigrid and the Dragon
- Friday, 10/18: Things That Go Bump in the Night
- Saturday, 10/19: Things That Go Bump in the Night
- Friday, 11/15: Thankful Hearts
- Saturday, 11/16: Thankful Hearts
- Friday, 12/20: Tiny Tomtes and Extraordinary Elves
- Saturday, 12/21: Tiny Tomtes and Extraordinary Elves
Babies at the Castle
ASI's carrier tours for baby and caregiver will immerse you and your young one in our current exhibition, The Vikings Begin. Tours are about 30 minutes plus 15 minutes of sensory play. Designed for babies up to 15 months.
$15 for adult and baby. $10 for an additional adult; limit 2 adults per baby. Advanced registration is required, please follow the links below to register. Admission valid all day.
Register for a preschool program designed specifically for children ages 3-5 and their important adults. Topics will be explored through creative storytelling, music, art and more. Advanced registration is required to keep group size just right. Follow the links to each program to register online.
Friday, August 2, 2019 - 10:00am to 11:30amGrab your shields and your swords – the vast seas await our littlest Viking explorers!
Friday, September 6, 2019 - 10:00am to 11:30amDiscover the legendary creatures in Swedish folklore including fairies, gnomes, elves and more!
Friday, October 4, 2019 - 10:00am to 11:30amDid you know that every year in October, Swedes observe kanelbullens dag (Cinnamon Bun Day)?
Friday, November 1, 2019 - 10:00am to 11:30amCalling all mini makers! Come to ASI and unleash your creativity as we celebrate Swedish handcraft traditions and produce...