Create useful and beautiful objects inspired by Sweden's long-standing handcraft tradition - "slöjd".
Explore the Slöjd-Inspired Objects in ASI's Collections
Discuss the Carved Figure with your family:
- What is this figure made out of?
- What do you see that makes you say that?
- What do you think this figure feels like?
- What do you like most about this figure? Why?
- If you could take this figure, where would you display it in your home? Why?
Carving for Kids by Robin Edward Trudel
The Teacher's Hand Book of Slojd By Otto Salomon
Easy Carpentry Projects for Children by Jerome E. Leavitt
Knitting for Beginners by Erica Rice
If needed, right click on your screen to translate Swedish text to English text.
Hej Let's Play!
Sign up for ASI's Youth Handcraft programs
Make your own Kubb Set - then play it!