Become a volunteer at the American Swedish Institute!
ASI relies on many dedicated volunteers to carry out its mission and serve our community. Volunteers play a vital role by lending their time and talent to the institution, and are central to the experience of being at ASI. Volunteering is a great way to connect with other like-minded individuals interested in our work, Nordic culture, and serving the public.
ASI has an array of volunteer opportunities for interested individuals. Follow the link below to see our immediate needs.
ASI offers semester and J-term internships. Current internship opportunities are posted on our Employment page. For more information about internship opportunities please contact Whitney Winslow in Human Resources, (612) 870-3375.
- 20% discount in the Museum Shop*
- Free Parking
- Complimentary coffee and treats from FIKA café during scheduled volunteer shifts.
- Recognition at an annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner.
- Bi-monthly lectures and training sessions on topics ranging from the history of the Turnblad Mansion to contemporary Scandinavia.
- Invitation to participate in volunteer field trips and other social get-togethers throughout the year.
- Subscription to ASI's online newsletter Klipp!
*This discount does not include food items.
How to Become a Volunteer
For more information about volunteer opportunities, contact Leia Wambach, Volunteer Coordinator at (612) 870-3344 or email@example.com. Prospective volunteers will be asked to submit a simple application form, meet for an in-person interview, and complete a background check.