Become a volunteer at the American Swedish Institute!
ASI relies on many dedicated volunteers to carry out its mission and serve our community. Volunteers play a vital role by lending their time and talent to the institution, and are central to the experience of being at ASI. Volunteering is a great way to connect with other like-minded individuals interested in our work, Nordic culture, and serving the public.
ASI offers semester and J-term internships. Current internship opportunities are posted on our Employment page. For more information about internship opportunities, please contact April Neske in Human Resources at (612) 870-3375.
- 20% discount in the Museum Shop*
- Free Parking
- Complimentary coffee and treats from FIKA café during scheduled volunteer shifts.
- Recognition at an annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner.
- Bi-monthly lectures and training sessions on topics ranging from the history of the Turnblad Mansion to contemporary Scandinavia.
- Invitation to participate in volunteer field trips and other social get-togethers throughout the year.
- Subscription to ASI's online newsletter Klipp!
*This discount does not include food items.
How to Become a Volunteer
For more information about volunteer opportunities, contact Leia Wambach, Volunteer Coordinator at (612) 870-3344 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Prospective volunteers will be asked to submit a simple application form, meet for an in-person interview and complete a background check.