ASI is committed to making our programs, services, resources, and facilities accessible to all. If you need something that isn’t readily available, please ask. We will do our best to help. For more information about accessibility, please call 612-871-4907.
Front Doors and Parking
- The only visitor entrance is located at the northeast end of the free surface parking lot. Metro Mobility and visitors who need easy access may unload directly in front of the entrance before proceeding to park.
- Designated accessible parking spaces are located in the northeastern part of the ASI parking lot.
- When the lot is full, unmetered street parking is available on most blocks surrounding ASI. Please read permanent and temporary street signs to learn about time-limits or other restrictions.
- Elevator service is available to all full floors of the Turnblad Mansion and Nelson Cultural Center.
- Transport wheelchairs are available for complimentary use on the ASI campus. Please request one from ASI staff or a volunteer at the Information Desk on arrival.
- Wheelchair accessible restrooms are located in the lower level of the Turnblad Mansion and on the ground & 2nd floors of the Nelson Cultural Center.
Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Selected Sunday, 2 p.m. public tours will offer ASL interpretation: Upcoming dates include January 12, April 19, July 12 & October 11. Due to COVID-19, Public tours are canceled for the month of March. Interpreters may also be requested for alternative dates with two week's notice depending on availability. Call 612-871-4907 to inquire.
- Listening amplification equipment is available upon request for tours or events when there is a speaker.
- Single compact strollers are available at the Mansion information station on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Family / All Gender restrooms are located in the lower level of the Turnblad Mansion and the ground floor of the Nelson Cultural Center near the cafe.
- You are welcome to nurse your child wherever you’re most comfortable. There is a Quiet Room on the lower level of the mansion for those looking for privacy or a comfortable place to rest.
- Learn more on the Tips for Families Page
- Certified and trained service animals are welcome.
- All are welcome to use the restroom that is right for them.
- Please consume food and beverages before you enter the Turnblad Mansion
- Free lockers are available on the ground floor of the Nelson Cultural Center. Please ask for a key at the information desk.
- Self-serve coat rooms are located on the ground and 2nd floors of the Nelson Cultural Center.
- Click here to learn about Museum Admission Access Programs.