FIKA is open with new hours and procedures!
Hours & Service Changes
- FIKA is open from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- Full lunch menu is available from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. (beverages & bakery items available during non-lunch hours).
- Check-in at the counter to order and find seating.
- Please plan to pay with a credit or debit card.
- Gift cards for the restaurant are available and make great gifts. Contact FIKA to purchase and have them mailed.
- Introducing: FIKA Marketplace! Bring home a meal for the whole family!
Looking for an easy and delicious way to feed the whole family? How about a family meatball dinner to-go? We can even take care of Cardamom Buns for your next road trip!
Order select items from the FIKA Marketplace and feed your whole crew. The special Marketplace Menu and directions to place orders via email are found on the FIKA Marketplace webpage.
Pre-order FIKA's traditional Swedish pastries, including seasonal specials like semla buns, by calling 612-524-5108 or email email@example.com.
We ask for a 24-hour notice, a minimum quantity of six and payment when you place the order. Pick-up your order up at the counter.
FIKA at the American Swedish Institute is an award-winning café focused on Nordic-inspired cuisine, created with regional ingredients by talented Executive Chef Blake Meier and his team.
A Taste of FIKA
"Best Lunch In Minnesota" - Star Tribune
"Minnesota Museum Cafe sets National Standard" - Post and Courier
"A patio straight out of your fairy tale European castle vacation dreams...plus, the best gravlax in town and great cocktails." - Minneapolis St. Paul Magazine
"Minnesota Museum Cafe sets National Standard" - Post and Courrier
"Fat Tuesday Nordic-Style Means Big, Sweet Buns" - National Public Radio
"Where to Eat Great Meatballs Coast to Coast" - Food Network
"9 Standout Meatballs Across the Country" - Serious Eats
"Underrated Summer Patios in the Twin Cities" - Minneapolis-St. Paul Magazine
"Oh, how Swede it is" - Star Tribune's Rick Nelson