FIKA has reopened with new hours and procedures!
NEW Hours & Service Changes
- FIKA is open from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- Full lunch menu and counter ordering, with food brought to your table, is available from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. (the counter is open with a beverage menu during non-serving hours).
- Upon arrival, check in at the counter to see if a table is available.
- FIKA has limited indoor and outdoor capacity, and you may be asked to wait.
- Please plan to pay with a credit or debit card.
- Pre-order bakery items by emailing email@example.com.
- Gift cards for the restaurant are available, and make great gifts. Contact us to purchase and have them mailed.
- Introducing: FIKA Marketplace!
About the cafe
FIKA at the American Swedish Institute is an award-winning café focused on Nordic-inspired cuisine, created with regional ingredients by talented Executive Chef Blake Meier and his team.
- Phone: 612-524-5108
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Swedish tradition of fika is both a daily break and a national institution, usually involving coffee, pastries and social conversation.
A Taste of FIKA
"Best Lunch In Minnesota" - Star Tribune
"Minnesota Museum Cafe sets National Standard" - Post and Courier
"A patio straight out of your fairy tale European castle vacation dreams...plus, the best gravlax in town and great cocktails." - Minneapolis St. Paul Magazine
"Minnesota Museum Cafe sets National Standard" - Post and Courrier
"Fat Tuesday Nordic-Style Means Big, Sweet Buns" - National Public Radio
"Where to Eat Great Meatballs Coast to Coast" - Food Network
"9 Standout Meatballs Across the Country" - Serious Eats
"Underrated Summer Patios in the Twin Cities" - Minneapolis-St. Paul Magazine
"Oh, how Swede it is" - Star Tribune's Rick Nelson
Pre-order FIKA's traditional Swedish pastries, including seasonal specials like semla buns, by calling 612-524-5108. We ask for a 24-hour notice, a minimum quantity of six and payment when you place the order. Pick your order up at the counter.