- Please contact Erin Stromgren, 612-870-3367 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register your group tour. You may also call ASI at 612-871-4907 or register in person at the Front Desk.
- Please register no later than ten days in advance to give our staff and tour facilitators time to prepare.
- Please have group information, dates, and credit card information ready when you call. Registration is not complete until full payment is received.
- Confirmation for all online registrations will be sent via email. Receipts for phone or in person registrations are available upon request.
- Parking is available in our surface parking lot, located at 27th Street and Park Avenue, on a first come-first served basis. Handicapped parking is available on the northeast side of the parking lot.
- Upon arrival, group leaders should check in at the Front Desk, located in the Nelson Cultural Center.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Refunds are not available for cancellations made within one week (seven days) of a tour.
- While ASI makes every effort to ensure tours run, ASI reserves the right to cancel a tour at least one week prior to its start date.
- Groups will be notified by phone or email if a program is cancelled.
- In the event that ASI cancels a tour for any reason, groups will receive a full refund.
- Please allow up to one week for refunds to be processed. If payment was received within 60 days of the refund the refund will be given in the same form as the original payment (cash payments will only be given in person, otherwise a check will be sent to registrant). If you request a refund more than 60 days after initial payment refund will be issued via a mailed check only.
Amenities and Resources
- The ASI campus is fully handicapped accessible.
- ASI offers ASL is available upon request and must be made at the time of reservation.
- ASI offers free parking for visitors in our surface lot located on the southern half of the 2600 block of Park Avenue.
- ASI may be able to accommodate a language translator
- Lunch packages are available. See below.
Group Tour Meal Packages
Call it culinary diplomacy. Call it delicious. There's no better way to compliment your group's experience at ASI than by sharing a strong cup of coffee with homemade pastry or a full service lunch. ASI offers tour groups customized menus dedicated to regional ingredients and Nordic traditions inspired by ASI’s award-winning cafe, FIKA.
Contact Amanda Vanderplas, email@example.com, for more information.
Fika is a social institution in Sweden. It means “having a break,” most often a coffee break. At ASI, you will enjoy one of our house made pastries and a delicious cup of our Tiny Footprint Coffee. The suggested time to take a fika is 30 minutes.
Cost: $9 per guest with a 10 person minimum. Sales tax and gratuity included.
Your choice of ham/cheese, turkey/cheese, chicken salad or vegetarian sandwiches (pick two). Boxed lunches include with whole fruit, bag of chips and house made chocolate chunk cookie. Suggested meal time is 30 minutes.
Cost: $15 per guest with a 10 person minimum. Sales tax and gratuity included.
Ever wonder what your doppelgänger in Sweden would eat for lunch? This is your chance to find out with this contemporary everyday Swedish lunch. This option includes a beef smörgås (open-faced sandwich), a home made soup or salad, depending on season. Served with coffee and water. Would you like to add sweet treats? Inquire with the catering team! Suggested meal time is one hour.
Cost: $18 per guest with a 10 person minimum. Sales tax and gratuity included.
Traditional Swedish Meal
With this plated meal, your group will enjoy a dinner that features traditional Swedish dishes. You will start with a preset combination plate of beet salad and cucumber dill salad with baskets of rye bread and butter. An entree of Swedish meatballs, potato puree, Lingonberry and sweet mustard will be served following salads. And last but not least, Chef’s choice dessert will follow the entree. Dinner is served with coffee and water. Suggested meal time is one hour.
Cost: $23 per guest with a 20 person maximum. Sales tax and gratuity included.
For group larger than 20 guests, you can enjoy a traditional Smörgåsbord. This buffet is filled with cucumber dill salad, beet salad, rye bread and butter, mashed potatoes, Swedish meatballs and lingonberries. Top it of with a Swedish dessert of Chef’s choice. Served with coffee and water. Suggested meal time is 1 hour.
Cost: $23 per guest with a 20 person minimum. Sales tax and gratuity included.