To book a tour or for more information, please contact Robert Nicholl, Visitor Services and Volunteer Coordinator at robertn@ASImn.org or 612-870-3344.
- Private tours and programs are available for groups of 10 or more.
- Tours and onsite programs are available Tuesday through Sunday.
- Offsite programs are available seven days a week.
Making a Reservation
- Please make your tour request at least two prior to your visit. If your planning timeline is shorter, please contact Robert Nicholl at email@example.com about availability.
- Please be ready with preferred dates and times, approximate number in your group, as well as your contact information.
- Group organizer should be prepared to collect payment from individual group members prior to visit.
- Private tours are by reservation only. ASI is unable to accommodate groups that arrive without a confirmed tour reservation.
- Tours reserved outside of normal museum hours will be charged an extra $1 per person.
- To make a reservation, please contact Visitor Services and Volunteer Coordinator, Robert Nicholl at 612-870-3344 or robertn@ASImn.org.
$100 deposit is required one week in advance of tour date.
- Group organizer will receive a tour confirmation the month before the tour. The confirmation will include:
- Tour date, time, price, and approximate number in your group, payment information, parking instructions, how to enter and check-in at the ASI campus
- Private tours must be confirmed with a deposit payment no later than one week in advance of the visit. If deposit is not received at that time, the reservation will be null and void.
- Please print out and bring confirmation with you on the day of the tour.
Amenities and Resources
- The ASI campus is fully handicapped accessible.
- ASI offers free parking for visitors in our surface lot located on the southern half of the 2600 block of Park Avenue.
- Lunch packages are available. See below.
Tour Program Offerings
- ASI 30-minute Tour: Take a half-hour tour of the contemporary and critically acclaimed Nelson Cultural Center or the Turnblad Mansion.
- ASI 60-minute Tour: Take a one-hour tour of the historic Turnblad Mansion.
- ASI 90-minute Tour: Explore all of ASI's campus with a one-hour tour of the Turnblad Mansion and a half-hour tour of the Nelson Cultural Center.
- Art, Craft and Design - Where Modern and Tradition Meet (Contact Robert Nicholl for pricing information: 612-870-3344 or robertn@ASImn.org)
- Exhibit-specific tours may be available upon request and are priced differently than regular tours. Holiday exhibit tours (November & December) are $13 per person.
Complete Your Group Tour with Award-Winning New Nordic Cuisine
Call it culinary diplomacy. Call it delicious. There's no better way to compliment your group's experience at ASI than by sharing a strong cup of coffee with homemade pastry or a full service lunch. ASI offers tour groups customized menus dedicated to regional ingredients and Nordic traditions inspired by ASI’s award-winning cafe, FIKA.
GROUP TOUR MEAL PACKAGES
Fika is a social institution in Sweden. It means “having a break,” most often a coffee break. At ASI, you will enjoy one of our house made pastries and a delicious cup of our Tiny Footprint Coffee. The suggested time to take a fika is 30 minutes.
Cost: $9 per guest with a 10 person minimum. Sales tax and gratuity included.
Your choice of ham/cheese, turkey/cheese, chicken salad or vegetarian sandwiches (pick two). Boxed lunches include with whole fruit, bag of chips and house made chocolate chunk cookie. Suggested meal time is 30 minutes.
Cost: $15 per guest with a 10 person minimum. Sales tax and gratuity included.
Ever wonder what your doppelgänger in Sweden would eat for lunch? This is your chance to find out with this contemporary everyday Swedish lunch. This option includes a beef smörgås (open-faced sandwich), a home made soup or salad, depending on season. Served with coffee and water. Would you like to add sweet treats? Inquire with the catering team! Suggested meal time is one hour.
Cost: $18 per guest with a 10 person minimum. Sales tax and gratuity included.
Traditional Swedish Meal
With this plated meal, your group will enjoy a dinner that features traditional Swedish dishes. You will start with a preset combination plate of beet salad and cucumber dill salad with baskets of rye bread and butter. An entree of Swedish meatballs, potato puree, Lingonberry and sweet mustard will be served following salads. And last but not least, Chef’s choice dessert will follow the entree. Dinner is served with coffee and water. Suggested meal time is one hour.
Cost: $23 per guest with a 20 person maximum. Sales tax and gratuity included.
For group larger than 20 guests, you can enjoy a traditional Smörgåsbord. This buffet is filled with cucumber dill salad, beet salad, rye bread and butter, mashed potatoes, Swedish meatballs and lingonberries. Top it of with a Swedish dessert of Chef’s choice. Served with coffee and water. Suggested meal time is 1 hour.
Cost: $23 per guest with a 20 person minimum. Sales tax and gratuity included.
**Inquire with the catering department to add additional beverages.