ASI strives to be a gathering place for all people. Recognizing that museums and cultural institutions come with a complex mix of barriers to audience participation, ASI participates in multiple access programs to deepen engagement and build community.
ASI Guest Pass or ASI Family Pass
- This pass provides free admission for a visitor or entire family. Passes are given out to neighbors, as tokens of thanks, or to those that need recognition.
- ASI provides free admission to those who are here to serve others. Adults and Youth that require assistance to experience the museum do not pay to bring their PCA, interpreter or other caregiver.
- Select ASI Membership groups benefit from free guest entry. This is a membership benefit program.
- This arts access program is available exclusively to metro public library users. Anyone with a library card from one of the eight public library systems in the Twin Cities can find opportunities to reserve free and/or discounted admission to a wide range of arts experiences. ASI offers free admission to the museum during select exhibits or discounts to programs. You can visit the smARTPass website for more information.
Blue Star Discount
- Blue Star Museums is a collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, the Department of Defense, and museums across America. ASI provides free museum admission during the summer to US military employees and veterans.
IKEA Family Pass
- All children under age 18 receive free admission with the purchase of adult or senior admission. IKEA contributes to the sponsorship of the Youth & Family Gallery.
Reciprocal Museum Discount
- Reciprocal Organization of Associated Museums offers free admission to one visitor that is a member at any museum that participates in ROAM.
Between Exhibits Discount
- Used as a tool to create an enjoyable experience for visitors when the museum and galleries have limited admittance. Visitors receive half-off admission during the limited times the museum is installing new exhibits.
Chinook Book Discount
- Offers coupons to Twin Cities residents to explore their community. ASI currently offers a two for one museum admission coupon.
- ASI often runs offers through GroupOn for discounts on museum admission. Please check their site for current offers.