- We're open Thursday-Sunday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Thank you in advance for reading all signs and following the new Visitor Playbook
- Reserve and pay for museum admission before you arrive - even for members. Head to the reservation page here to sign up for a time. Do not arrive early for your ticket time. Arrive within the 30-minute window listed on your email confirmation.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well for any reason. we are always happy to reschedule or refund your admission.
- Face-coverings are required. Wear one during your entire visit. Please don't forget to cover your nose and put it on before you enter the building. Those without face coverings will be asked to visit another time.
- Clean your hands before you arrive and during your visit. We have hand sanitizer throughout the building.
- Check-in with staff before you begin. There are capacity restrictions across campus and a one-way traffic flow that visitors need to follow.
- Stay 6 feet away from others who are not in your group. Only enter empty elevators or empty rooms in the mansion. Wait for the group ahead of you to finish.
- Visitors are encouraged to take photographs without flash for personal use. Don't forget to tag us, @amswedinstitute or #americanswedishinstitute
- Personal use does not include formal engagement, work, graduation or family portraits. Please read our Photography at ASI page to learn more.
- Professional photographers, videographers and media, commercial and non-commercial, who desire to shoot at ASI need to obtain advance permission. To learn about fees and requirements, please read the Photography at ASI page.
- For more information regarding photography, please contact Karen Nelson, Media Relations & Communications Manager, for additional information at Karen.N@ASImn.org.
Food and Beverages
Whether you simply want to have a fantastic meal or delve further into Scandinavian culture through food, ASI's FIKA café serves some of the best new Nordic Cuisine outside of Stockholm. We're known for award-winning lunches, our coffee and pastries, house-made beverages, unique cocktails and other delights, so we encourage you to sample the fine fare at hand. Food and beverages are not permitted in the Turnblad Mansion or Osher Gallery.
Please head to the FIKA Cafe page to learn about ordering ahead and more.
Shop the Store
Shop local while accessing an international collection of unique gifts. ASI's Museum Store is your shopping destination for Nordic-inspired goods. The Museum Store shares hours with the museum.
There are capacity restrictions in place during COVID-19. Please wait until a shop assistant gives you the okay to start shopping. You may be asked to wait to enter the store.
Coats & Lockers
Coats and Lockers are te limited during COVID-19. Please leave your belongings at home, or out-of-sight in your vehicle.
The water fountain is temporarily turned off to help limit the spread of germs. Please plan ahead. If you need drinking water, please head to the FIKA Cafe counter and ask for a glass of water.
ASI is a museum with a collection of historic objects. Touching and handling objects or artwork will cause damage. Please do not touch items on view or the woodcarving in the Turnblad Mansion or the Nelson Cultural Center. This also means historic surfaces do not tolerate harsh chemical cleaners. Please know that mansion surfaces are cleaned with soap and water on a weekly basis. Please use hand-sanitizer to help limit the spread of germs while in the mansion.
All visitors should stop by the front desk no matter what the reason for their visit. We want to make sure you feel welcomed and find what you are looking for. For those who are coming to visit the museum we want to make sure you have your tickets and learn the best way to navigate the exhibit.
ASI strives to make our facilities, programs, exhibits, and events accessible for all. Please read our Accessibility Page to learn more.
Visiting any museum can be an enjoyable family outing. ASI is a fun and welcoming place for families to explore traditions, immigration, handcraft, and art together. Read ASI's tips for visiting with a family here.
The only visitor entrance is located at the northeast end of the free surface parking lot. Metro Mobility and visitors who need easy access may unload directly in front of the entrance before proceeding to park. Designated accessible parking spaces are located in the northeastern part of the ASI parking lot. When the lot is full unmetered street parking is available on most blocks surrounding ASI. Please read permanent and temporary street signs to learn about time-limits or other restrictions.
- Certified and trained service animals are welcome.
- Family / All Gender restrooms are located in the lower level of the Turnblad Mansion and the ground floor of the Nelson Cultural Center near the cafe. All are welcome to use the restroom of their choice.
- Please consume food and beverages before you enter the Turnblad Mansion.
- Click here to learn about Museum Admission Access Programs.