- Visitors are encouraged to take photographs without flash for personal use. Don't forget to tag us, @amswedinstitute or #americanswedishinstitute
- Personal use does not include formal engagement, work, graduation or family portraits. Please read our Photography at ASI page to learn more.
- Professional photographers, videographers and media, commercial and non-commercial, who desire to shoot at ASI need to obtain advance permission. To learn about fees and requirements, please read the Photography at ASI page.
- For more information regarding photography, please contact Karen Nelson, Marketing and Communications Manager, for additional information at Karen.N@ASImn.org.
Food and Beverages
Whether you simply want to have a fantastic meal or delve further into Scandinavian culture through food, ASI's FIKA café serves some of the best new Nordic Cuisine outside of Stockholm. We're known for award-winning lunches, our coffee and pastries, house-made beverages, unique cocktails and other delights, so we encourage you to sample the fine fare at hand. Food and beverages are not permitted in the Turnblad Mansion or Osher Gallery. FIKA is also open until 8 p.m. on Wednesdays with happy hour specials. Closed Mondays.
Shop the Store
Shop local while accessing an international collection of unique gifts. ASI's Museum Store is your shopping destination for Nordic-inspired goods. The Museum Store shares hours with the museum. Closed Mondays.
Coats & Lockers
Coat racks and lockers are provided free of charge in the Nelson Cultural Center. Please stop at the Information Desk in the main lobby for a key to the lockers,
ASI is a museum with a collection of historic objects. Touching and handling objects or artwork will cause damage. Please do not touch items on view or the woodcarving in the Turnblad Mansion or the Nelson Cultural Center.
With paid admission, visitors receive an admission sticker which should be visible at all times when in the museum and galleries. Read the Hours & Admission Page to learn more.
ASI strives to make our facilities, programs, exhibits, and events accessible for all. Please read our Accessibility Page to learn more.
Visiting any museum can be an enjoyable family outing. ASI is a fun and welcoming place for families to explore traditions, immigration, handcraft, and art together. Read ASI's tips for visiting with a family here.
The only visitor entrance is located at the northeast end of the free surface parking lot. Metro Mobility and visitors who need easy access may unload directly in front of the entrance before proceeding to park. Designated accessible parking spaces are located in the northeastern part of the ASI parking lot. When the lot is full unmetered street parking is available on most blocks surrounding ASI. Please read permanent and temporary street signs to learn about time-limits or other restrictions.
- Certified and trained service animals are welcome.
- All are welcome to use the restroom that is right for them.
- Please consume food and beverages before you enter the Turnblad Mansion
- Free lockers are available on the ground floor of the Nelson Cultural Center. Please ask for a key at the information desk.
- Self-serve coat rooms are located on the ground and 2nd floors of the Nelson Cultural Center.
- Click here to learn about Museum Admission Access Programs.