Welcome to the American Swedish Institute
- The museum, FIKA cafe and museum store are open Thursday-Sunday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Reserve and pay for museum admission before you arrive - even for members. Same-day spots may be available, but please call ahead.
- Do not arrive early for your scheduled museum visit time.
- Face-coverings are required everywhere on campus. Wear one during your entire visit. Please don't forget to cover your nose and put it on before you enter the building. Those without face coverings will be asked to visit another time.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well for any reason. We are happy to reschedule or refund your admission.
- Clean your hands before you arrive and during your visit.
- Check-in with staff before you begin.
- Stay 6-feet away from others who are not in your group. Only enter empty elevators.
GET YOUR TICKETS
Please purchase or reserve your free member tickets in advance.
Admission is available a few weeks at a time, with new dates posted each week.
Use the arrows to select your preferred day, and click on the time you would like to visit to go to the checkout page.
COVID-19 Visitor Playbook Full Details
The Museum, FIKA Cafe and Museum Store are open Thursday-Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Advanced reservations must be made to visit the Turnblad Mansion or Special Exhibits.
Self-Check & Stay Home
Visitors are asked to assess their health before arriving for any type of visit. Anyone feeling ill for any reason is asked to stay home. Visitors can call ASI and be issued a refund or have their ticket rescheduled for a future date.
Reservations and Timed Admissions
Members and daily visitors reserve tickets for museum admission in advance. Walk-up admission is not available. Reserve your time and pay for admission online. Having trouble? Call a Visitors Services Associate at 612-871-4907 and dial 0 to be connected to the front desk.
Staff and visitors are required to wear a face covering the entire time they are inside ASI. Wear one during your entire visit. Please don't forget to cover your nose and put it on before you enter the building. Those without face coverings will be asked to visit another time.
We want to say hej! All visitors need to stop by the front desk to say hello and check in. This includes those arriving for meetings, FIKA cafe and shoppers in the store.
ASI asks everyone to stay physically distant from others who are not in their party. We will place signage and physical barriers throughout the building to help facilitate this.
We ask that visitors wash hands before arrival and use hand sanitizer stations throughout their visit. Many of our historic surfaces do not tolerate harsh chemicals. Please use hand sanitizer after a visit to the Turnblad Mansion.
Reminder that some spaces may be closed or have new capacity limits. Visitors should read signs and wait to enter spaces that are at capacity. One visitor/group per room while in the mansion. Please wait for a party to leave a space before you enter.
Please reserve the elevator for those with mobility needs. One party is allowed on the elevator at a time. Please wait for an empty elevator before entering.
FIKA is open from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- Full lunch menu with service is available from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. with a beverage & bakery menu during off lunch hours.
- All orders are placed at the counter and brought to your table
- Please plan to pay with a credit or debit card.
- Order bakery items or family marketplace options ahead of time - visit the Marketplace to learn more.
Head to the FIKA page for more information.
Know exactly what you want? Use the amazing curbside shopping option. Planning a visit? Expect a limit on the number of shoppers in the store, and you may be asked to wait until there is more room. We also ask that you plan to purchase your items with a credit or debit card.
Cleaning & Disinfecting
ASI is committed to providing a clean and safe experience for all. We are following CDC guidelines and have increased the frequency cleaning and disinfection takes place. The mansion is full of historic surfaces that we want to keep around for future generations. Harsh chemicals in cleaning products cause damage, so surfaces in the mansion are cleaned weekly with soap and water. Please use hand sanitizer frequently while in the mansion.
Visiting public places includes an inherent risk of exposure to the virus that causes COVID-19. The virus is extremely contagious and can have life-threatening symptoms. Visiting a museum is considered a public place where risk exists.
ASI employees are excited to get back to work and ready to help create a clean and safe environment for you to enjoy the museum. Similar to the Visitor Playbook, ASI employees are practicing the following:
- Health Screenings. Staff perform a self-screen before arriving at work and report any symptoms to the Human Resources Department. COVID-19 exposed or symptomatic staff are asked to quarantine for 14 days. Further action, like notification of exposure, takes place if necessary.
- Face Coverings. All staff are required to wear a face covering during the entire duration of a shift.
- Hand Washing. Staff are required to wash their hands multiple times a day, especially if working with food, money or cleaning supplies.
- Physical Distance. A majority of staff are working from home and others are working at staggered shifts to limit our contact with others.
- Response Team. A group of staff meets on a weekly basis to discuss our preparedness plan, review changes from state health officials and adapt protocols as new information becomes available.
- Enhanced Cleaning. We’ve increased cleaning and disinfection protocols in public and staff only spaces. All employees participate and have taken on new roles to ensure a clean environment for guests and staff.