Welcome to the American Swedish Institute
- The museum, FIKA café and ASI Museum Store are open Thursdays from 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. and on Fridays through Sundays from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Beginning May 28, walk-up admission will once again be available. There is no need for advanced admission, though you can still purchase your tickets ahead of time if you choose!
- ASI urges the use of face coverings for unvaccinated guests.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well for any reason; you will be issued a refund for your tickets!
- Playdates in the Family Gallery are available by reservation only and must be reserved separately from museum admission. Visit the Playdate Reservations page to reserve and for more information. Playdates include museum admission.
ADVANCED TICKETS (OPTIONAL)
COVID-19 Visitor Playbook Full Details
The museum, FIKA café and ASI Museum Store are open Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Fridays through Sundays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Self-Check & Stay Home
Visitors are asked to assess their health before arriving for any type of visit. Anyone feeling ill for any reason is asked to stay home. Visitors can call ASI and be issued a refund or have their ticket rescheduled for a future date.
Walk-Up Admission & Reservations
Walk-up admission is available for visitors to purchase admission at the door. There is no need to purchase tickets ahead of time unless you choose to do so! Questions? Call a Visitors Services Associate at 612-871-4907 and dial 0 to be connected to the front desk.
ASI urges the use of face coverings for unvaccinated visitors.
We want to say hej! All visitors need to stop by the front desk to say hello and check in. This includes those arriving for meetings, FIKA cafe and shoppers in the store.
ASI asks everyone to stay physically distant from others who are not in their party. We will place signage and physical barriers throughout the building to help facilitate this.
We ask that visitors wash hands before arrival and use hand sanitizer stations throughout their visit. Many of our historic surfaces do not tolerate harsh chemicals. Please use hand sanitizer after a visit to the Turnblad Mansion.
Reminder that some spaces may be closed or have new capacity limits. Visitors should read signs and wait to enter spaces that are at capacity. One visitor/group per room while in the mansion. Please wait for a party to leave a space before you enter.
Please reserve the elevator for those with mobility needs. One party is allowed on the elevator at a time. Please wait for an empty elevator before entering.
FIKA is open from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- Full lunch menu with service is available from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. with a beverage & bakery menu during off lunch hours.
- All orders are placed at the counter and brought to your table
- Please plan to pay with a credit or debit card.
- Head to the FIKA page for more information.
Know exactly what you want? Use the amazing curbside shopping option. Planning a visit? Expect a limit on the number of shoppers in the store, and you may be asked to wait until there is more room. We also ask that you plan to purchase your items with a credit or debit card.
Cleaning & Disinfecting
ASI is committed to providing a clean and safe experience for all. We are following CDC guidelines and have increased the frequency cleaning and disinfection takes place. The mansion is full of historic surfaces that we want to keep around for future generations. Harsh chemicals in cleaning products cause damage, so surfaces in the mansion are cleaned weekly with soap and water. Please use hand sanitizer frequently while in the mansion.
Visiting public places includes an inherent risk of exposure to the virus that causes COVID-19. The virus is extremely contagious and can have life-threatening symptoms. Visiting a museum is considered a public place where risk exists.
ASI employees are excited to get back to work and ready to help create a clean and safe environment for you to enjoy the museum. Similar to the Visitor Playbook, ASI employees are practicing the following:
- Health Screenings. Staff perform a self-screen before arriving at work and report any symptoms to the Human Resources Department. COVID-19 exposed or symptomatic staff are asked to quarantine for 14 days. Further action, like notification of exposure, takes place if necessary.
- Face Coverings. All staff are required to wear a face covering during the entire duration of a shift.
- Hand Washing. Staff are required to wash their hands multiple times a day, especially if working with food, money or cleaning supplies.
- Physical Distance. A majority of staff are working from home and others are working at staggered shifts to limit our contact with others.
- Response Team. A group of staff meets on a weekly basis to discuss our preparedness plan, review changes from state health officials and adapt protocols as new information becomes available.
- Enhanced Cleaning. We’ve increased cleaning and disinfection protocols in public and staff only spaces. All employees participate and have taken on new roles to ensure a clean environment for guests and staff.